KB here, good day families, friends, followers, writers, bloggers, authors, and publishers, permit me to keep you up to date. The rewriting, updating, adding new chapters, cutting and re-editing book Mind Process and Formulas is halfway completed. I’ll still be posting chapters for comment and feedback.
Learn how prepare and eat healthy meals
KB’s-Jamaican-Caribbean-Recipes-Vol 2 will be out soon
There are so many articles, tips, and advice about food, nutrition, health and super foods, super fruits and super vegetables that can make you become easily confused about what to eat for keeping in the best of health. Some people don’t like certain food, some won’t eat fruits or vegetables. Some people are allergic to certain fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Like me, who usually enjoy eating many kinds of fruits, vegetables, nuts, meat, poultry and fish, and a lover of the booze, any kind would do. I usually drank different kinds of alcohol, until I lose the taste for a certain drink. However, I had never gotten too drunk not knowing what I was doing, or where I was, and with whom I was with. I’m now diabetic and is allergic to many of the food, fruits, vegetables and booze.
Anyone can be allergic to almost anything, the worst thing about being allergic to food it can be an unpleasant feeling, and even cause death. I knew someone who loves tomatoes, however, when she eats tomatoes, her skin stretches, and she turns red like tomatoes. Although that person loves tomatoes, it affects her when she eats it, it’s the same with some people eating certain fruits, vegetables and nuts. Beans and peas are supposed to be nutritious and healthy. I had love and enjoy eating pea, beans, and cheese, now I’m allergic to those foods, if I eat any of them, my finger and foot swells, and I’m unable to walk. The same with drinking alcohol, or eating anything acidic or food that’s marinated in wine or vinegar. I have to watch other people eat most of the nice food I usually love to eat. Not able to eat those food anymore, I feel I’ve been punished. This doesn’t mean you should ignore eating fresh, healthy food. Fast junk food is no substitute for fresh food, fruits and vegetables. You ca easily and quickly prepare fresh nutritious food. In my blog, http://www.mindprocess.co.uk/blog/ I’ll try to keep it simple, and show what you can prepare nutritious easiy and quick eat.
Remember, you eat to keep in good health and stay healthy and energetic, so be aware of the consequences if you eat any kind of food which affects your health in any way. You should eat what’s healthy and what you like, eat what you enjoy eating, and what you feel are good and beneficial to you. Eat food which won’t affect your health.
Summer Outdoor Barbecue and Grilling
Anyone who loves outdoor cooking and barbecue, summer holiday season is here, a time to do barbecue grilling in the back yard. However, take extra care with food at the summer outdoor barbecue. Take care particular with meat, shellfish and frozen food. Thoroughly defrost frozen food for a minimum time of 8 hours in a refrigerator before you prepare it to cook. Once meat is defrosted and thawed, do not re-freeze. Barbecue and grilling is a cooking process that gives food a different flavour. Properly cooked food, whether barbecue or grill has major health benefits to overall health. Under-cooked meats can cause illness and even kill. Other benefits of properly cooking food, cooked food kills bacteria and reduce spoilage. Cooking also softens tough food, and brings out the nutritional values for us to get more flavour and energy from food. Cooked food makes it easier for us to digest and enjoy the food; it also brings out the aroma, and makes food taste delicious.
Basics Barbecue Grilling Tips
- Always keep the barbecue grill clean to prevent food from sticking to it.
- Have the right kind of tools and utensils ready for grilling.
- Keep barbecue grills away from all flammable liquid, fences, and house walls.
- Pre-prepare, and pre-heat up the barbecue grill
- Keep hands, tools, and utensil clean.
- Preferable, use tender, lean meats, and fresh shellfish.
- Trim off excess fat from meat.
- If meat and vegetables need cutting into pieces for skewers, cut it into suitable chunky pieces that can easily grilled.
- If warrant, season and marinade meat, and vegetables, cover and leave it, to give it enough time for the flavour soaked in before grilling.
- Marinate seasoning for meat, lime or lemon juice, vinegar, wines, oil; jerk seasoning, ketchup, pimento, herbs, basil, mint, rosemary, thyme, scallion or onion.
- After marinade, put meat, veggies, or fruit alternately on the skewers.
- Prepare vegetarian and vegan vegetables and fruits for barbecue separately from the meat, and grill separately.
- Brush the food with oil or marinade seasoning, not the grill.
- Take caution, much heat and too much fat can cause the fire to flare-up. When the oil hits the fire, it will flare-up and cause smoking. To control flame that’s flaring up on a barbecue grill, do not spray with water, preferable, allow the flame to slowly die down on its own.
- Adding sugary or sugary marinad sauces, while grilling, can cause the meat to burn.
- Always watch what you are grilling, cook the food evenly, keep turning and moving it around to prevent it from burning.
- Don’t overcook food, or allow the food to burn, finish simmering, by move the food to the parts of the grill that isn’t too hot.
- When the meat is thoroughly cooked, the juice, which oozes out should be clear. Serve the grill food hot on a clean dish, accompanied with either sauce, vegetables, bread or a mixed salad and a cold drink.
- Find us on: https://www.mindprocess.co.uk/kb-s-jamaican-caribbean-recipes-tips-on-food
- https://www.amazon.com/Jamaican-Caribbean-Recipes Vol 1 Kbs-Jamaican-Caribbean-Recipes-Vol 1 Vol 2 will soon publish.
My Dear Political Reader
It has been a hard time for Jeremy Corbyn to become nominated for the Labour leadership. Even his own labour party members of parliament tried to sabotage him. They even said he couldn’t last. Members of his own party, the Conservative, mainstream media scrutinise him, put him under daily interrogation as though they were his judged and modern-day inquisitor. They ridiculed, laughed at him, and said he and the labour party had no chance against Teresa May and the Conservative Party.
Theresa May called the general election, when she really didn’t have to, but because she thought she could wipe the floor, with Jeremy Corbyn, humiliate him and the Labour party with a Tory a landslide which unfortunately for her didn’t happen, she and her party is now again in disarray. Jeremy Corbyn pulled a surprise on her. He stood strong and steadfast in his beliefs held on to his views and his manifesto, although it made some people feel a bit worried. He also had something to say about how people are feeling, and about the country and its services. Theresa May and the Conservatives said nothing more than the country needs a strong leader, and Brexit mean Brexit what does that means? She, kept changing her quirky ideas. Then to top it, she comes up with ideas to take away money from the poorest and most disadvantaged and vulnerable in society, and the house most of those people worked for. Maybe that house is all that they have to leave for their children and grandchildren. Haven’t she and her adviser heard the saying, an Englishman home is his castle, or they thought it meant for only the very rich who can afford expensive insurance for their care when they become aged, so that their children can inherit their home. The people have woken up and have voted. I hope politicians and their party stop-taking people for granted. ©kb
Even when unexpected challenge develops, keep aiming with dedication and determination. The aim is to improve, therefore, face up to any challenge with optimism, faith, self-confident, and courageously stand up to whatever life tosses at you.
Considers all options, maximize all efforts, minimize and avoid future difficulties and problems. Create whatever changes that is necessary now in the present. Know that without strong decision and strong determination it’s harder to arrive at a beautiful, successful and joyful future. For that reason, stop procrastinating, and idling, stop complaining, move away from anything or anyone that will not assist in making the future the way you’ll feel virtuous about it and yourself. kb©
Hi families, friends, followers, writers, bloggers, authors, and publishers, Ken B here, allow me to let you into a secret. Unashamed I must tell you, I’m completely rewriting, updating, adding new chapters and re-editing my book Mind Process and Formulas. I’ll be posting certain chapters regularly, please give your comment and feedback.kb