KB here, good day families, friends, followers, writers, bloggers, authors, and publishers, permit me to keep you up to date. The rewriting, updating, adding new chapters, cutting and re-editing book Mind Process and Formulas is halfway completed. I’ll still be posting chapters for comment and feedback.
Source: Food handling
When handling food, always observe proper food hygiene, otherwise, you’re at serious health risk with foods that aren’t handled and prepared properly, and stored safely. Food that isn’t handled properly and cleanly can cause diarrhoea which is a watery regular bowel movement. It can be an infection, or food poisoning that often occurs after eating food that wasn’t properly prepared, safely stored, and from handling food with dirty hands, and dirty utensils.
Should you have diarrhoea, go easy on the butter, margarine, honey, jam, or syrup. Avoid sauces that are spicy, oily, milk-based dairy products, milk, cream, cheese, ice cream, sour cream and creamy foods, fast food, fatty meats, foods with too much gravy, greasy foods, fried foods, diet soda, alcohol, caffeine, carbonated beverages.
- Always make sure the food, fruits and vegetables that you’re going to eat has been thoroughly washed, and properly prepared.
- Thoroughly wash your hands before preparing or eating any food.
- Thoroughly wash all raw fruits and vegetables.
- Properly clean surfaces and utensils that will be used for food preparation with hot water, soap, and detergent before and after use.
- Cook all foods until it reaches an internal temperature of approx: 160 F/71 C, or cook to the temperature stated on the package.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftover food immediately when cool.
Learn how prepare and eat healthy meals
KB’s-Jamaican-Caribbean-Recipes-Vol 2 will be out soon
There are so many articles, tips, and advice about food, nutrition, health and super foods, super fruits and super vegetables that can make you become easily confused about what to eat for keeping in the best of health. Some people don’t like certain food, some won’t eat fruits or vegetables. Some people are allergic to certain fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Like me, who usually enjoy eating many kinds of fruits, vegetables, nuts, meat, poultry and fish, and a lover of the booze, any kind would do. I usually drank different kinds of alcohol, until I lose the taste for a certain drink. However, I had never gotten too drunk not knowing what I was doing, or where I was, and with whom I was with. I’m now diabetic and is allergic to many of the food, fruits, vegetables and booze.
Anyone can be allergic to almost anything, the worst thing about being allergic to food it can be an unpleasant feeling, and even cause death. I knew someone who loves tomatoes, however, when she eats tomatoes, her skin stretches, and she turns red like tomatoes. Although that person loves tomatoes, it affects her when she eats it, it’s the same with some people eating certain fruits, vegetables and nuts. Beans and peas are supposed to be nutritious and healthy. I had love and enjoy eating pea, beans, and cheese, now I’m allergic to those foods, if I eat any of them, my finger and foot swells, and I’m unable to walk. The same with drinking alcohol, or eating anything acidic or food that’s marinated in wine or vinegar. I have to watch other people eat most of the nice food I usually love to eat. Not able to eat those food anymore, I feel I’ve been punished. This doesn’t mean you should ignore eating fresh, healthy food. Fast junk food is no substitute for fresh food, fruits and vegetables. You ca easily and quickly prepare fresh nutritious food. In my blog, http://www.mindprocess.co.uk/blog/ I’ll try to keep it simple, and show what you can prepare nutritious easiy and quick eat.
Remember, you eat to keep in good health and stay healthy and energetic, so be aware of the consequences if you eat any kind of food which affects your health in any way. You should eat what’s healthy and what you like, eat what you enjoy eating, and what you feel are good and beneficial to you. Eat food which won’t affect your health.
Summer Outdoor Barbecue and Grilling
Anyone who loves outdoor cooking and barbecue, summer holiday season is here, a time to do barbecue grilling in the back yard. However, take extra care with food at the summer outdoor barbecue. Take care particular with meat, shellfish and frozen food. Thoroughly defrost frozen food for a minimum time of 8 hours in a refrigerator before you prepare it to cook. Once meat is defrosted and thawed, do not re-freeze. Barbecue and grilling is a cooking process that gives food a different flavour. Properly cooked food, whether barbecue or grill has major health benefits to overall health. Under-cooked meats can cause illness and even kill. Other benefits of properly cooking food, cooked food kills bacteria and reduce spoilage. Cooking also softens tough food, and brings out the nutritional values for us to get more flavour and energy from food. Cooked food makes it easier for us to digest and enjoy the food; it also brings out the aroma, and makes food taste delicious.
Basics Barbecue Grilling Tips
- Always keep the barbecue grill clean to prevent food from sticking to it.
- Have the right kind of tools and utensils ready for grilling.
- Keep barbecue grills away from all flammable liquid, fences, and house walls.
- Pre-prepare, and pre-heat up the barbecue grill
- Keep hands, tools, and utensil clean.
- Preferable, use tender, lean meats, and fresh shellfish.
- Trim off excess fat from meat.
- If meat and vegetables need cutting into pieces for skewers, cut it into suitable chunky pieces that can easily grilled.
- If warrant, season and marinade meat, and vegetables, cover and leave it, to give it enough time for the flavour soaked in before grilling.
- Marinate seasoning for meat, lime or lemon juice, vinegar, wines, oil; jerk seasoning, ketchup, pimento, herbs, basil, mint, rosemary, thyme, scallion or onion.
- After marinade, put meat, veggies, or fruit alternately on the skewers.
- Prepare vegetarian and vegan vegetables and fruits for barbecue separately from the meat, and grill separately.
- Brush the food with oil or marinade seasoning, not the grill.
- Take caution, much heat and too much fat can cause the fire to flare-up. When the oil hits the fire, it will flare-up and cause smoking. To control flame that’s flaring up on a barbecue grill, do not spray with water, preferable, allow the flame to slowly die down on its own.
- Adding sugary or sugary marinad sauces, while grilling, can cause the meat to burn.
- Always watch what you are grilling, cook the food evenly, keep turning and moving it around to prevent it from burning.
- Don’t overcook food, or allow the food to burn, finish simmering, by move the food to the parts of the grill that isn’t too hot.
- When the meat is thoroughly cooked, the juice, which oozes out should be clear. Serve the grill food hot on a clean dish, accompanied with either sauce, vegetables, bread or a mixed salad and a cold drink.
- Find us on: https://www.mindprocess.co.uk/kb-s-jamaican-caribbean-recipes-tips-on-food
- https://www.amazon.com/Jamaican-Caribbean-Recipes Vol 1 Kbs-Jamaican-Caribbean-Recipes-Vol 1 Vol 2 will soon publish.
Seem we all have some kind of problems and if we don’t, we’ll have some because we aren’t immune to them. Problems seem to be a part of life, and living come with some problems. Each person, no matter who they are, they have problems.
Although some problems are challenging, and some can appear larger, daunting and overwhelming, we have the ability to overcome any problem whenever we face up to them and deal with them. They’ll then become less daunting, because they can solve, ways will be shown how to solve them. Don’t get agitated, or worry and allow problems to confuse you.
There must be a cause for that problem, face up to them. Find what’s the cause, then think about what can be done to solve any problem in the best way. There is different ways to solve problems, and to find ways out of them. Deal with each problem appropriately and properly, possibly immediately. Don’t allow problems to linger on and become larger, they’ll get out of control to overwhelm you.
Don’t bury problems and believe it will simply go away, they often multiply when they haven’t been dealt with appropriately.
Be aware that the majority of problems is, either caused by you, or someone else. They have to be solved by you, or someone else. Don’t keep problems wrapped up, speak to someone about your problems. If people don’t know what you’re going through, or that you’re in the problem, they don’t know, and won’t know. You’ll be surprised to find the people you’re dealing with, may have had similar problems.
People can be sympathetic and understanding. Furthermore, many people are willing to assist. If, it’s to make a telephone call to rectify something, make that call. If, it’s to write a letter, or to see someone do it, confront that problem. Once you’ve tackled that problem and it’s out-of-the-way, you’ll able to see a clearer way. kb’s